new computer!
Ahh crap. It was posted on reddit and good when I put it up. Must have got the reddit hug of death.
http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-G750JW-DB71-1...pd_cp_pc_1

Here's what I was looking at before Steam announced their in-home streaming service (I'm looking at a new desktop now.)

It's overkill for Eve right now and can play most of the latest games at high graphics settings (top spec CPU, decent gfx card), but I think that's good to aim for with a gaming laptop since your upgrade options are so limited. It also has a 17" screen and a well designed cooling system which is very quiet. Should have plenty of longevity.
Repossession Overseer
that's interesting. i've never heard of that company. is it a good idea to buy a computer from an unknown.

-HoG
(11-28-2013, 12:01 AM)hammerof thegods Wrote: that's interesting. i've never heard of that company

which one?
Repo. Quartermaster

"Ahh, the middle finger, the most communicative of fingers."
aesus
(11-28-2013, 12:06 AM)hammerof thegods Wrote: aesus

It's only the world's fifth-largest PC vendor Smile

Edit: that said, I've never owned an ASUS computer myself, no idea whether they're any good.
Repo. Quartermaster

I buy ASUS boards for builds, they make solid parts.
-----------------------------------------
Official REPO. AWOXer
DEFENDER OF FREEDOM
[Image: 9Oe2Gh2.jpg]
Darm, that's like saying "Wal-Mart is the biggest retailer in the world, they most have great quality products"

-HoG
(11-28-2013, 12:45 AM)hammerof thegods Wrote: Darm, that's like saying "Wal-Mart is the biggest retailer in the world, they most have great quality products"

I never said they were any good, just that they are big Smile
Repo. Quartermaster

Ha!

-HoG